Session 1. Trends and developments in M&A
• Key trends in the M&A markets in Russia and the CIS.
• Growth prospects of technological companies: organic growth or M&A?
• Competition among ecosystems and its impact on asset prices in the market.
• Investment attractiveness of Russian businesses in the global markets.
Session 2. M&A Hot Topics For Fast Growth Companies: Reforms needed to keep Russian law competitive
• Different Share Classes to Facilitate Investment in Fast Growth Companies
• Special Rights for Company Founders.
• Antitakeover Protections for Young Businesses.
• Improving Regulation of Shareholders Agreements.
• Legal Issues Critical for E-commerce and Ecosystems.
Session 3. Disputes in M&A deals – helicopter view
• Liability for pre-contractual conduct – is it relevant for M&A transactions?
• Liability for failure to complete – specific performance issues, quantum of damages for breach, mitigating factors.
• Breach of warranties, representations and indemnities – triggers for liability, quantum of damages, effect of purchaser’s knowledge.
• Perceived pros and contras of various dispute resolution forums – practitioners’ view.
Session 4. Private Equity and VC: current trends and specifics in CIS
• Recent trends and challenges in Private Equity deals due to COVID-19: geography of investments, targets (FinTech, Health, EdTech, Retail, etc.), creating eco-systems and IPO expectations, exit opportunities.
• From due diligence to signing and completion: negotiation process and new reality.
• Participation in the management of targets. Modern role of Private Equity funds.
• Security mechanisms in Private Equity deals: anti-dilution, liquidation preferences, etc.
• Practical tips on exit from the targets: ways, limitations on liability, guarantees, choice of arbitration venue, etc.