Sergey has a considerable experience in representing clients’ interests in business and corporate disputes in state courts. He also advises on issues relating to international commercial arbitration and represents clients’ interests in the course of arbitration proceedings.
Sergey takes part in restructuring matters and insolvency proceedings, including complete legal support and participation in separate projects relating to protection against dissipation of assets, challenging debtor’s transactions and collecting damages from management and shareholders/beneficiaries of the debtor.
Sergey represented clients’ interests before the Supreme Arbitrazh Court and Supreme Court of the Russian Federation in a number of cases. Throughout his entire carrier, he has been supporting major companies in various areas including automobile sector, banking and finance, IT and retail trade.
Sergey joined ALRUD in 2009 as a trainee immediately after graduation from the Faculty of Law of the National Research University Higher School of Economics. In 2012, he got a degree of PhD in Law. In 2015-2016 Sergey was on secondment in London at law firm Slaughter and May, member of The Magic Circle.
Sergey is an advocate, member of the Moscow City Advocates' Chamber, IBA, INSOL Europe, American Bar Association (ABA) and the Moscow Bar Association.
In some of his recent projects:
- representing interests of the major Russian iron and steel company in the international commercial arbitration under the ICC Rules of Arbitration with regard to a claim against the German metallurgical giant for the amount of EUR 150 mln;
- representing interests of the subsidiary company of SC “Rosatom” in the course of a business dispute and subsequent insolvency proceedings of the engineering plant. The amount of the client’s claims exceeded USD 13 mln;
- advising and successful representing interests of the major international auto manufacturer on the damage claim in the amount of about USD 250 mln in connection with termination of several dealer agreements;
- successful representing private clients’ interests in the course of a dispute arising out of the brokerage services agreement amounting to more than USD 24 mln against a leading Russian investment bank Renaissance Capital;
- representing an international automotive components manufacturer in the course of a dispute with an affiliate company of Sollers Group in a case on recognition and enforcement in Russia of an arbitration award under the LCIA Arbitration Rules, contesting a voluntary liquidation of a respondent (both cases reached the Presidium of the Supreme Arbitrazh Court of the Russian Federation), and then in the course of insolvency proceedings of the respondent;
- advising a client in the course of one of key business corporate disputes in Russia relating to Norilsk Nickel.