Date: Friday 29 March 2019
Location: PwC Office, Moscow, Russia
We are delighted to announce that we will be holding an expert witness cross examination training event on Friday 29 March 2019.
This event will provide a unique opportunity for YIAG members to practice cross-examination based on a mock commercial arbitration case, in front of a panel of experienced arbitrators and experts, who will provide feedback to the teams.
This training will then be followed by drinks and canapes as participants get the opportunity to network amongst themselves and to share experiences from the day.
- Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis and should consist of pre-constituted teams of two lawyers.
- Law Firms are invited to nominate a team of two representatives to take part in this programme (up to c. 6 years PQE).
- Applications are now open and teams should (subject to the criteria below) send their applications to: RU_crossexamination@pwc.com
- Successful applicants will be notified by Monday 11 March 2019.
- Successful applicants will be allocated to one of eight teams (four Claimant and four Respondent teams, each consisting of two lawyers and one expert).
- Prior to the cross examination event itself, we will also be holding a briefing session in which hints and tips on preparing for cross examination are shared. This event will take place on the week commencing 11 March 2019 and successful applicants will be additionally notified.
- Successful applicants will also be provided with contact details for their allocated expert and are encouraged to work with them to prepare their cross examination strategy and questions. Please note that preparation work will be required for this event, including reading-in and discussions with the assigned expert. Given places are limited for this event, applicants are therefore requested to ensure that they are able to attend the event itself and to commit to sufficient preparation time prior to the event (approximately 10 to 15 hours in total)
- On the day itself, four panels will be held with two teams going head-to-head on each. Each team will have the opportunity to spend around 45 minutes cross examining the opposing expert whilst the appointed arbitrators observe and provide feedback.
- The language of the training will be English.
- Please note that teams are responsible for their own travel and accommodation costs (if applicable).
- If you are interested in taking part in the cross examination training on 29 March 2019, then please email: RU_crossexamination@pwc.com.
For applying for the cross examination training event, please ensure that your email also includes the following information:
Successful applicants to the event will be notified by email. Further details about the event will also be provided in these notification emails.