The German-Russian Lawyers’ Association (DRJV) and DIS40, the below 40 initiative of the German Arbitration Institute, are organising a conference on
“Dispute Resolution in CIS-Related Business Transactions”
(Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Russia, Ukraine)
on 28 February 2019 (Thursday) in Frankfurt, Germany.
This full-day event is hosted by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry (IHK Frankfurt), Börsenplatz 4, 60313 Frankfurt/Main.
The conference language is English (no translation).
The conference will comprise the following panels:
- CIS-related disputes from the Western European perspective
- Country reports: Recent Developments (case law and reforms)
- Country reports: Interaction with state courts, interim measures, recognition and enforcement of court decisions and arbitral awards
- CIS-related disputes: The arbitration institutions’ perspective
- Investment arbitration in the CIS region: what is going on and what is yet to come?
The confirmed speakers and moderators include:
▪ Azar Aliyev, Martin-Luther-University, Halle/Saale
▪ Alexey Anischenko, Sorainen, Minsk
▪ Gani Bitenov, Herbert Smith Freehills, Frankfurt
▪ Axel Boës, Koch Duken Boës, Hamburg
▪ Rupert D’Cruz, Littleton Chambers, BRLA, London
▪ Dmitry Davydenko, CIS Arbitration Forum, Centre of Arbitration and Mediation at CCI RF, Moscow
▪ Greg Fullelove, Osborne Clarke, London
▪ Alice Fremuth-Wolf, Vienna International Arbitral Centre (VIAC)
▪ Wolfram Gärtner, HeidelbergCement AG
▪ Nata Ghibradze, Hogan Lovells, Munich
▪ Evgeniya Goriatcheva, Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA), The Hague
▪ Michael Hartleben, DSI Underground, Munich/Berlin
▪ Susanne Heger, Heger & Partner, Vienna
▪ Eva Kalnina, Lévy Kaufmann-Kohler, Geneva
▪ Oksana Karel, Arzinger, Kyiv
▪ Alexandre Khrapoutski, SBH Law Offices, Minsk
▪ Alexey A. Kostin, ICAC/MKAS at CCI RF, MGIMO University, Moscow
▪ Patryk Kulig, German Arbitration Institute (DIS), Bonn/Berlin
▪ Volker Knoop, FORIS AG, Bonn
▪ Laurence Ponty, LALIVE, Geneva
▪ Georg Scherpf, Luther, Hamburg
▪ Valikhan Shaikenov, Aequitas, Almaty
▪ Olga Tsvetkova, Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partner, Co-Chair RAA40, Moscow
▪ Serhii Uvarov, Integrites, Kyiv
RAA members are entitled to a reduced price of 110 EUR. Please indicate on the registration form that you are a RAA member in order to benefit from this special price.